Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Mantel 2011

 The fall season has started with an early snow storm leaving us with no power for a couple of days, which meant time to dress my mantel.
 A couple of old printers drawers make up the backdrop for my Fall themed vignette.
 One of my favorite vintage scales came in handy to add some height to this pumpkin.
 My pumpkins started out burnt orange but I wanted a more subtle look so, I painted them in shades of whites, creams and grays.
 I tucked some pussy willows into a galvanized pitcher and added a rusty old license plate and a vintage pulley.
 I can see a farmer from 'days gone by' using these items while harvesting his Autumn bounty.
 Another love of mine - vintage hardware, chippy paint and typography!
 Fall will be over before we know it, but I am enjoying it for the short time that it is here.

Linking up to the following parties:

   
 
shabby creek cottage   UndertheTableandDreaming  
The DIY Show Off Visit thecsiproject.com

  Organize and Decorate Everything
Until next time ~ Suzanne.

Print Friendly and PDF

18 comments:

  1. I saw some of these pics pop up on Pinterest just now and realized it was your mantel so I had to hurry on over here and see what you've been up to, hehe! I adore those old printers trays!! I have 2 and still looking for more, they are so fun to play with. I love this year's fall mantel very much Suzanne!! The old pulley and license plate add just the right amount of charm to the whole setting. Absolutely beautiful... again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cool vintage elements on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Found you at Someday Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mantel! Love the fun collection of rustic vintage items with the white punpkins.

    Kimberly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mantel. Great inspiration for my empty mantel. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Get Your Craft on Tuesday. I hope you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
    www.betweenuandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu have just given me the inspiration I needed for my printers drawer! Thank you! t.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mantel display especially the pumpkin sitting atop the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mantle display Suzanne, simple looking yet so very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your use of the printers drawers on the mantel. Love the pumpkin on the scale also. I think I may have that very scale too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you've styled your mantel... It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! I never thought about using my printers drawers for that...great idea!...by the way I'm your newest follower...stop by & visit me sometime :)

    http://sweetgirlexpressions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your mantel. Fabulous!

    SO NICE VISITING WITH YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! Love your accessories... they're so junkified. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! My pumpkins sit perched on my scales too. They do prefer the decor pumpkins... those real ones get mighty hefty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your junky accessories! So great! Really adds a great touch to your mantle. I'm in CT, we were without power for a bit from the freak storm too! Glad you have it back! :)

    www.fromourhidingplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so gorgeous! You always do an amazing job! I'm including a link back in this week's highlights! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top