Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Vegan Blueberry Muffins

I have been on a mission to find a great 'Vegan Blueberry Muffin' recipe. After trying several versions from some of my favorite blogs, I found this variation at Two Raspberries that tastes just like the bakery muffins I once enjoyed.

Pieced-Pastimes-Vegan-Blueberry-Muffins

Michele calls these 'Amazing Blueberry Muffins' and I can see why. Fresh blueberries provide the perfect kick of flavor to these light and airy cakes and the sugared tops add a crunchy texture that mimics bakery style muffins beautifully.

Pieced-Pastimes-Vegan-Blueberry-Muffins

The recipe for these delicious muffins can be found here at Two Raspberries Blog.

I made the recipe per Michele's instructions with one small change. I preheated the oven to 425° and baked the muffins for 5 minutes, turned down the oven to 375° and baked them for an additional 20 minutes. After removing them from the oven, I kept the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before moving them to the cooling rack.

#vegan #pinneditmadeit #breakfast #blueberrymuffin

Pieced-Pastimes-Vegan-Blueberry-Muffins

If you have ever made blueberry muffins, you know they have a tendency to stick. It can be so frustrating to bake a pan of glorious muffins only to find them stuck to the tin or worse yet, have them stuck to the cupcake liners! 

Pieced-Pastimes-Vegan-Blueberry-Muffins

In my quest for finding a delicious 'Vegan Blueberry Muffin', I compared 3 different techniques for prepping the pans:

 - greased with vegetable shortening

 - cupcake liners sprayed with coconut oil

 - parchment paper cut into 6" squares and pressed into cups

I discovered that the parchment paper was by far the best way to line the tins. The sides and bottoms browned nicely and the paper pulled away from the muffins easily.  An added bonus was that the pans stayed cleaner with the parchment.

Finding a great recipe and sharing it with friends is one of life's simple pleasures - don't you think?

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link! I'm not vegan but can't eat eggs or gluten, so I'm going to try a gluten free version.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top