Thursday, June 23, 2016

Cherry Chocolate Smoothie

On my last trip to the market, a package of fresh cherries happened to find their way into my basket and I am so glad they did. They were perfectly ripe with a lovely, sweet taste that just can't be beat. Add to that their 'super fruit' benefits and I knew it was a smart decision.

Pieced-Pastimes-Cherry-Chocolate-Smoothie

Being that the bag was pretty big, I needed to come up with a way to use up these delicious little morsels before their prime time passed by.

Pieced-Pastimes-Cherry-Chocolate-Smoothie

Smoothies seemed to be the way to go and this combination proved to be a winner.

Now, onto the recipe:

***

Cherry Chocolate Smoothie

Print Recipe

Serves 1

  • 1 Banana, Sliced (frozen for a cooler drink)
  • 1 cup Baby Spinach
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1/2 cup Fresh Pitted Cherries
  • 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 2 tsp Pure Maple Syrup or Agave (use more or less for your sweetness preference)

Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and mix. Add ice for a thicker, frappe like consistency.

***

#smoothie #meatlessmonday #vegan #vegetarian #breakfast  

Pieced-Pastimes-Cherry-Chocolate-Smoothie

Smoothies are my go-to breakfasts during the summer and this sweet mixture is now part of my regular rotation. 





Linking up to the following blogs:



SaveSave Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Sounds scrumptious. Cherries in the summer, nothing finer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so interesting and delicious! I think I'm going to try this one. I love cherries and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This smoothie looks delicious! Can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top