Frozen bananas, flax seed, oats, cacao powder, almond milk and strawberries are blended to create the smoothie. You could also replace the strawberries with apples, raspberries or blueberries for a change.
Toppings include fresh banana, strawberry, pumpkin seeds, grape nuts and peanut butter.
Now, onto the recipe:
Chocolate Smoothie Bowl - Round 2
Makes 1 Serving
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 strawberries
- 1/2 fresh banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp raw pumpkin kernels
- 1 tbsp Grape Nuts cereal
- 1 strawberry
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (sugar and salt free)
- Add smoothie ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add ice for a thicker consistency and pour into a bowl. Top smoothie with banana, pumpkin kernels, Grape Nuts, and strawberry. Melt peanut butter and drizzle on top. Enjoy!