Sunday, November 24, 2013

Homemade Bread on a Cold Day

It is cold, windy and downright blustery outside today - a perfect day for homemade bread.  But then again, any day is a perfect day for homemade bread in our house.
My favorite go to bread baking book is 'Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day'. For todays breads, I chose the 'Crusty White Sandwich Loaf' and the '100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread' recipes.
The 'Crusty White Sandwich Bread' uses the Master Recipe found here. For my bread, I replaced one cup of the Unbleached All Purpose White flour with 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
The '100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread' recipe can be found here. Instead of making free-form loaves, I baked my breads in loaf pans. The recipe makes a nice rustic artisan style bread.
Do you bake your own breads? If not, you may want to give it a try. There is nothing quite like coming home to the smell of freshly baked bread.

Linking up to the following parties:

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I do make my own bread, more in the winter than in the summer. I just lit my wood burning stove today which makes it nice and warm in the kitchen which is very conducive for getting the bread to rise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm baking bread, too! Brrr...it's way too cold out! Stay warm, Suzanne! xoxo, Angie.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top