Thursday, May 5, 2016

Vegan French Toast

French Toast is a favorite breakfast choice for my husband. On those mornings that I make his classic french toast, I will whip up a batch of this vegan option for myself.

pieced-pastimes-vegan-french-toast

And it's every bit as delicious, if I do say so.

pieced-pastimes-vegan-french-toast

To keep these vegan, I needed to eliminate the two main traditional ingredients - eggs and dairy.

pieced-pastimes-vegan-french-toast

This was an easy fix. I replaced the eggs with flax seed and banana and the dairy with unsweetened almond milk. 

pieced-pastimes-vegan-french-toast

These simple swaps made for a very tasty alternative to the usual egg dipped bread.

pieced-pastimes-vegan-french-toast

Now, onto the recipe:

Vegan French Toast

Serves 4

- 1 Banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 large slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp coconut oil

Blend banana, flax seed, almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Heat oil on a griddle. Pour banana mixture into a medium bowl. Dip bread into banana mixture, coating both sides. Place dipped bread onto griddle and cook until browned. Flip over and cook other side.

#meatlessmonday #vegan #vegetarian  

pieced-pastimes-vegan-french-toast

I have yet to convince my husband to try my version, but I am working on it....you know it's only a matter of time!

Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Oh my these look so delicious. You should make them and not tell him they are vegan until after he has a chance to give them a try. That's what I do sometimes and they can't tell.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top