Saturday, February 5, 2022

DIY Board and Batten Accent Wall

Darling hubby refers to this as a 'winter project'. This year has been brutally cold even for us seasoned New Englander's, so finding things to do indoors works in our favor.

Board and Batten Accent Wall at Pieced Pastimes

We decided some time ago that we would do an accent wall in our kitchen. We narrowed it down to three choices; stacked rocks, painted barn board or board and batten. As you can see, the board and batten won although darling hubby is still on the fence about it. 

DIY Board and Batten Accent Wall at Pieced Pastimes

I, on the other hand, really like how it turned out. It adds some character while still keeping the kitchen light and bright, which is a must in my mind.

Eat in Kitchen Accent Wall Before at Pieced Pastimes

This is how the wall looked before. I thought it was fine then, but now that it's finished, the before version does seem rather lackluster. Funny how our minds work. 

Detail of Board and Batten Accent Wall at Pieced Pastimes

We opted to mimic the farmhouse trim detail so it would tie in with the rest of the house. We normally leave the pocket pantry door open as it is here.

@piecedpastimes #boardandbatten #boardandbattenwall #eatinkitchen #accentwall #featurewall #diyhome #diy #diyproject #homedecor #diyhomeimprovement #modernfarmhouse ♬ Home - Gabrielle Aplin

Here's to one more project crossed off the list!



Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. I really like the end result, Suzanne! It even looks as though the top could be a ledge for changing out pictures, if you so desired. I like that idea (not a permanent nailing of pictures, which I'm so hesitant to do!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita and I agree about using the ledge for pictures. I am not a fan of nails in the walls either, so when I did my gallery wall command strips became my new best friend. I highly recommend them. Take care my friend, Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a transformation! Looks great!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! I am really happy with how it turned out. Have a great week, Suzanne.

      Delete
  3. Suzanne, the board and batten makes a wonderful statement. I think it is a great choice. Have a wonderful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! It was one of those projects that I was unsure about at first, but now that it's completed I couldn't be happier. Grace and Peace, Suzanne.

      Delete
  4. Wow this truly looks amazing! I so adore this style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I think it adds a bit of character to our kitchen. Have a great week, Suzanne.

      Delete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top