Monday, June 26, 2023

2023 Summer Porch

 We've made a few updates to our front porch since I last shared this space with you. 

We added shutters beside the windows. Before doing this, the porch looked unfinished to me. This was the missing link that I just couldn't quite wrap my head around until it was done.

We replaced the tile floor with a marine vinyl. It's so much easier to clean, and I like the simpler look of it.

I switched out my flower pots for whiskey barrels. 

And my favorite change was adding a screen door with a retractable screen. 

It allows a gentle cross breeze through the living room and the extra sunshine is a lovely bonus.

This little area still serves as our sanctuary and just as before, porch sitting remains high on our list of life's simple pleasures.



Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Suzanne, the shutters and whiskey barrels look great. I would definitely spend time on your lovely porch. Happy porch sitting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! We enjoy this space throughout the year, but summers are especially nice here. All my best ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous! I could sit there all day....coffee...a book or watching the deer!
    Love ever detail-
    xo Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I think a lot of people would benefit greatly by a little 'porch sitting' in this hurried world.😊 Have a wonderful week ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  3. Suzanne, your porch looks fabulous. All your planted containers are beautiful and everything looks so welcoming. Happy 4th of July. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MaryJo! We do enjoy our porch and I love being able to expend some of my 'crazy plant lady' energy out there. Have a wonderful 4th of July ~ Suzanne.

      Delete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top