Sunday, August 1, 2021

Combination Longarm Quilting Room, Sewing Room and Home Office Tour

I thought it was high time that I gave you a tour of my combination Longarm Quilting Room, Sewing Room and Home Office.

Minimalist Longarm Quilting Room, Sewing Room and Home Office and Pieced Pastimes

I spend a lot of time in this room, so in keeping with my minimalist side I have kept the room quite simple. The neutral gray walls and white trim allow the colors of my quilts in the making to pop without having to compete with the rest of the room. Down the road,  I may add some open shelving—nothing crazy—just a landing spot for some greenery and light decor. 

Cutting and Pressing Table at Pieced Pastimes

I will start where all my projects begin. This multipurpose table serves as my cutting/pressing/sewing area as well as my office desk. The white laminate counter was custom cut to cover the full length and width of the repurposed 'This End Up' cabinets. I recently purchased the Arden Lane Task Chair from Wayfair and I am really liking it so far. The design wall is one of my favorite features in the room. It offers a full perspective when designing a quilt.

Industrial Tiered Wheeled Cart in the Sewing Room

Another recent addition to this room is this industrial 3-tier wheeled cart that I stole borrowed from my hubby. It holds my wireless printer, external bobbin winder, rotary rulers and a couple desktop carousel's filled with sewing and quilting notions. It's so handy to be able to move the cart around if needed.

Lockers for Fabric Storage at Pieced Pastimes

On the other side of the room are my lockers. These have worked out beautifully to keep my fabrics sorted and away from damaging sunlight. They also keep the room looking tidy and neat, so you know I love them for that.

Fabrics Folded onto Comic Board Backings at Pieced Pastimes

Darling hubby made me shelves for each of the units. I then folded my fabrics using comic board backings and placed them vertically for easy access with smaller cuts folded and stacked in the front. The Command strip hooks on the doors hold my longarm rulers.

Macrame Driftwood Branches in Antique Crock at Pieced Pastimes

Behind the door, I hung additional cutting mats and portable press boards. The large antique crock holds an assortment of driftwood branches patiently waiting their turn to be used for future macrame wallhangings.

Minimalist Longarm Quilting Room, Sewing Room and Home Office and Pieced Pastimes

Ever loyal Sophie rests quietly beside me whenever I am in this room. I think she finds the space as serene and peaceful as I do - a perfect place to let my creative side play.


Minimalist Combination Longarm Quilting Room, Sewing Room and Home Office at Pieced Pastimes


Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by following below:



Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. What a terrific space, Suzanne! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I so admire your minimalist style. I've made note of your chair, and sent it along to a friend who's looking for a replacement for the one she wore out during Covid stay-at-home work. Thank you. If you change your opinion, any updates will be appreciated. I'm looking to replace my own as much for comfort as for wheels that won't damage my wood floors. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! As you know, the simpler, the better for me! I do still like my chair. The seat was wider than I envisioned, but I tend to sit cross legged a lot, so it has worked in my favor. 😀 It is also quite firm, which I like but others may not. Our old house had mahogany floors, so I always kept a clear protective floor mat under the chair, and that worked out really well. Have a wonderful week my friend, Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful quilt in progress! thank you for sharing your very organized quilting room - very inspirational. CC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Glad to know you liked my multi-function room! Smiles, Suzanne.

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous place. I love the simple organization. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda! Simplicity is key for me. All my best, Suzanne.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful space! I’m don’t have much of a minimalist side (I’m writing a post about that this week) but I do love this room. Those lockers!😍

    I really love the quilt that’s in progress. So pretty. Thanks for sharing. I’m feeling inspired to get my studio space a little more in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy! At this stage in my life, it is the simple things that bring me the greatest joy, so a minimalist mindset just works for me. Glad to know you like my creative space, lockers and WIP and especially that it inspired you. Wishing you much sunshine, Suzanne.

      Delete
  5. I have always wanted to learn the beautiful art of quilting, but haven't found the time and the know-how. I am sure you must create many gorgeous pieces from this equally gorgeous room. I would love to see all that gets produced from this well-designed and organized room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I have tried my hand at many different crafts over the years, but quilting has remained my main creative activity. It is my therapy. Have a wonderful week, Suzanne.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful light filled room to work in! I bet you often take pause to look out the windows to see what beautiful creatures have come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Marie! We built this house with the intention of keeping the house as light filled as possible and this room was no exception. I love working in here and yes, I find myself going to the windows quite often. Take care my friend, Suzanne.

      Delete
  7. What are the measurements of your space?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top