Saturday, April 29, 2023

Saturday Sparks Link Party 562

Welcome to Saturday Sparks 562! 

 Starting off today's party with a throwback to 2004!


This was my first attempt at a wholecloth quilt and my first ever quilt show entry.

I vividly remember how the micro quilting took a toll on my eyes and I had to take several breaks when I started seeing double.

Luckily for me, my perseverance paid off.

It ended up winning the 'Best Machine Quilting' award and was published in Karen McTavish's book entitled 'Mastering The Art of McTavishing'. 

Better than that, it gave me the confidence to try new things.

"Believe you can and you're half way there."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

Now, let's get this party started!

First up, the Fabulous Features from Saturday Sparks 561.
Pieced Pastimes

 Thanks to everyone for linking up to last weeks party.
If you were featured, please grab the featured button (above) to add to your blog.

Now, onto the party!

Link up your latest creative posts such as:

Crafts
DIY
Gardening
Home Decor
Photography
Recipes
Repurposing
Sewing/Quilting

Links are open through Thursday morning.

Features will be posted at next weeks party at Pieced Pastimes and may also be featured at Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and/or Twitter.


  Party Guidelines:
- Link to a specific post, not your homepage.
- No advertising, Etsy shops or giveaways.
- Pin feature photos to Pinterest from the original source and not from this blog.
- Visit other links and leave a kind comment.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Melynda! It was a fun quilt to work on. All my best ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. The quilt is gorgeous! Thanks so much for hosting Suzanne and wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! That quilt was the springboard for coming up with my own designs. It opened up a whole new world for me when it came to my quilting. Many smiles ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your proud achievement! Your quilting is lovely! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one creative to another, thanks so much Linda! Sending you much sunshine ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  4. Happy Sunday. Thanks so much for hosting the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you as well, Claire! Enjoy your week ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  5. No wonder you won with your piece of quilting. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much Moois van mie! The quilt was a joy to work on. Happy Spring ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for the feature on Vico Equense. It's a pleasure to share the places we travel. As always, a joy to post on your site. Thanks.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to feature you, Lynne. It looks like a gorgeous place to visit. Thanks for sharing ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  7. Such a gorgeous quilt, Suzanne! I've been quite busy the past couple of weeks in my garden (digging out invasive lily-of-the-valley, so I have to wince a little at the bouquet), but have still taken time to read the Saturday Sparks, but only commenting until now. Thank you for hosting this weekend party, always inspiring. I've just gotten caught up on all of Lynne's post of her trip to Italy - wow! It was truly a unique trip with so many great experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! We have our share of invasive plants here as well - bittersweet and Japanese knotweed to name a couple - so, I understand your thoughts about lily-of-the-valley. Hope you were able to stop the spread. I have to agree about Lynne's post. It looks like a fabulous place to visit. Wishing you a great week ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  8. Very nice quilt. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, csuhpat1! All my best ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful party each and every week!! I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into it along with visiting all the links and choosing Features!!! Thank You!! I hope you are having a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top