Friday, June 2, 2023

Saturday Sparks Link Party 567

Welcome to Saturday Sparks 567! 

 Starting off today's party with an impromptu photo shoot!



It's been a busy week and it dawned on me this morning that I had nothing to share for the party.

No sooner did that thought cross my mind that I looked out into the field to see a shiny object.

I reached for the binoculars and much to my delight, saw this lovely snapper.

A quick grab of my camera and I headed out the door (in my PJ's mind you) to capture the moment.

I kept my distance and made it quick as she was not appreciating the attention.

I'm always amazed to witness their spring migration to lay eggs.

It's a steep hill for them to climb up from the pond and then quite a distance from there into the field.

Nature is full of surprises!

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."

~ John Burroughs

Now, let's get this party started!

First up, the Fabulous Features from Saturday Sparks 566.
Pieced Pastimes

 Thanks to everyone for linking up to last weeks party.
If you were featured, please grab the featured button (above) to add to your blog.

Now, onto the party!

Link up your latest creative posts such as:

Crafts
DIY
Gardening
Home Decor
Photography
Recipes
Repurposing
Sewing/Quilting

Links are open through Thursday morning.

Features will be posted at next weeks party at Pieced Pastimes and may also be featured at Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and/or Twitter.


  Party Guidelines:
- Link to a specific post, not your homepage.
- No advertising, Etsy shops or giveaways.
- Pin feature photos to Pinterest from the original source and not from this blog.
- Visit other links and leave a kind comment.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Print Friendly and PDF

20 comments:

  1. I love your opening photos of the snapper. Thanks for hosting, Suzanne and for the lovely features. Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! They are quicker than you'd think, so it's hit or miss whether I see them each year. It's always a treat when I do! Wishing you a beautiful week ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the feature and the party! Happy Weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to feature you, Kathryn! Your strawberry salad looks delicious! Thanks for sharing ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  3. I wouldn't have got as close to the snapper as you did!! But it was a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! Todays cameras are really good about taking closeups without having to actually get that close - lucky for me! 😊 All my best ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting this wonderful party each and every week!! I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into it along with visiting all the links and choosing Features!!! Thank You!! I hope you are having a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! Hosting is my pleasure. Sending you much sunshine ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for hosting. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to host, Stephanie. Many smiles ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  6. Those turtle photos are starting my day off with a smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Sally! It's always fun to capture on film some of the wildlife that live amongst us. Have a wonderful week ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  7. You're always capture such fabulous shots of wildlife. That close up is amaZing! Thanks for sharing and hosting us. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MaryJo! Capturing on film some of the wildlife that pass through here is a lovely pastime, but seeing the wildlife that pass through here is a blessing. Health and Happiness ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  8. Wow! You got an awesome up close shot for being a ways away! What camera do you use? I have been thinking of getting a new one.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! My camera is actually an older model Nikon - the D3200. I have been thinking about upgrading to something that will handle a better zoom lens. It takes a nice picture, but has its limitations when it comes to capturing long distance shots. Onward and Upward ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  9. Hope you have an awesome weekend. Thanks for this weekly opportunity to link up and visit other awesome links left.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, how in the world did you get so close to that turtle?! Amazing shot! Thank you, not only for the chance to link up, but for also featuring my landscape progress. What a labor of love that's been (and not totally planned as much as I've done this spring!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! My zoom lens helped me to keep my distance. Your before and after photos really capture the evolution of your lovely landscaping. Glad to see that you are patiently waiting for the mourning doves to finish their stay. I love hearing their hauntingly beautiful sound. Enjoy them while they are there. Peace and Blessings ~ Suzanne.

      Delete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top