Thursday, March 31, 2022

Rope Bowl and Coasters

I have been drawn to the simple and minimalist look of 'rope bowls' lately and found myself longing to try my hand at making one. 

Rope Bowl at Pieced Pastimes

A couple that were shared at Saturday Sparks stood out for me.

Inside of Rope Bowl at Pieced Pastimes

The DIY Dreamer shared How to make a Rope Bowl and It's My Sustainable Life had shared a Rope Bowl Tutorial.

Loop Closure of Rope Bowl at Pieced Pastimes

I revisited both of their sites for some tips and inspiration and quickly found myself at the sewing machine.

Tag of Rope Bowl at Pieced Pastimes

In no time, I had created this sweet little bowl. I was officially smitten with the natural look of the spiraling rope and the quick and easy process to create it.

Rope Coaster with Mug at Pieced Pastimes

With that in mind, I got right back at it and made up a set of much needed coasters.

Set of 4 Rope Coasters at Pieced Pastimes

I can think of a few more projects using this method, but I will save them for another day. 



PS - I am sharing this at Inspirations Link Party - this monthly party starts on the 1st and ends on the 25h giving you plenty of time to linkup. Hope to see you there!



Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those! Great job!
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dolly! It's always fun trying something new. Have a beautiful week, Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous set! I also have been going back to that tutorial from the DIY Dreamer thinking of trying my own. Just to find the time, and courage - it intimidates me a little bit.

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank-you Alexandra! Don't be afraid to give it a try. It goes together quickly and sewing in the round is kind of therapeutic. Take care, Suzanne.

      Delete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top