Monday, September 11, 2023

Moody and Minimalist Living Room

Summer's end is drawing near with fall nipping at its heels.

Moody and Minimalist Living Room at Pieced Pastimes

We are seeing signs of the foliage starting to turn here in New Hampshire.

Moody and Minimalist Living Room at Pieced Pastimes

Formerly green panoramas now have traces of yellows and reds.

Moody and Minimalist Mantel at Pieced Pastimes

With the impending seasonal shift, I was hit with the urge to change out the decor in our living room.

Moody Minimalist Living Room at Pieced Pastimes

This year, I opted for a moodier style. This may not be considered 'fall decor' per se - at least not in the traditional sense. There are no pumpkins, no pinecones or sunflowers - just a few simple vignettes created with an an eclectic medley of objects. 

Moody and Minimalist Mantel at Pieced Pastimes

I'm not one to change out the decor for every holiday, although I may occasionally tuck in a themed whatnot or two into the mix. I switch things up as the mood strikes me with an emphasis on keeping things simple and uncomplicated. 

Minimalist Shelfie at Pieced Pastimes

An explosion of colors will take over our world in short order and I will embrace every moment, but our home will reflect a quieter version of the season at hand. 



Linking up with the following lovely blogs:  Create With Joy | My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia | My Family Thyme | Follow the Yellow Brick Home

Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. I am a atuff person, moving so often in my life, having "my things" around me, is home. But I always enjoy your lovely arrangements and tge rooms in your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Melynda! I love seeing all the different ways people style their homes, whether they are minimalist or over the top. The beauty of home decor is that we all have our own individual styles. We have to live there after all, so we want it to be a space that works for us. Many smiles ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  2. I really love your subtle changes for fall, everything is beautiful and I love your floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks, Kristin! Keeping things to a minimum works for me. Sending you much sunshine ~ Suzanne.

      Delete
  3. Your room is lovely Suzanne! I'm happy to have found you through the Thursday Favorite Things party, and I'll definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Barbara! Always nice to have new visitors. All my best ~ Suzanne.

      Delete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top